8 killed in 2013 CRPF firing weren’t Reds: Probe report | India News

0
33
RAIPUR: In yet another indictment of security forces in Maoist-hit Bastar, a judicial commission which probed the killing of eight people in Edesmetta village in 2013, has concluded that none of the slain was a Maoist, as claimed at the time of the firing. The forces might have opened fire in panic and ended up killing one of their own as well, said the panel.
The one-man commission, headed by Justice V K Agrawal, a retired judge of Madhya Pradesh HC, submitted its report to the state government last week. A government spokesman said it is likely to be tabled in the next assembly session.
The firing took place on the intervening night of May 17-18, 2013, in Edesmetta, a forest village, around 30km from Bijapur district headquarters and 440km south of Raipur. A group of local tribals had gathred to celebrate the Beej Pandum festival when 1,000-odd security personnel showed up and…

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here