Everything from word processing to image editing can now be done using a browser, without the need to install any separate applications on your desktop. But in some use cases, many web apps and websites would have been even more useful if they were separate, stand-alone desktop apps. This is where site-specific browsers come into play. Site-specific browsers are miniature software browsers that are designed to access a single website.
How to turn a website or web application into a standalone desktop application
- Download and install the WebCatalog application from its website.
- Open the application.
- By default, the application should open to the “Catalog” pane.
- Click on “Create Custom App”.
- You will be greeted by a dialogue box.
- Enter the link, the name you would like to give the app and add the image that you would like to use…