Nvidia announced a new Nvidia RTX 4090. Additionally, the computer chip maker announced new a new RTX platform and tools, and even an RTX remastered version of Portal.
- Nvidia announced its third generation RTX architecture called Ada Lovelace.
- This new GPU architecture is based around a 4N process resulting in chips with 76 billion transistors and 90 teraflops of processing power.
- The RT cores have also been bumped up with 2x the ray-triangle intersection throughput.
- Meanwhile, the new tensor core will support FP8 and power DLSS 3.0, which can now use a new AI algorithm to generate entire frames rather than just upscaling pixels.
- According to Nvidia DLSS 3.0 can boost game performance by up to four times over brute-force rendering. In a demo, Nvidia showed how DLSS 3.0 can double the frame rate of Microsoft Flight…